I have to acknowledge that it is December, and I am not sure how we got here. As I look back at the calendar, it feels like a blur. This epic year has brought illness, an incredible election, high unemployment, economic disruption, an increase in mental health concerns, pay reductions, loss of friends and family – the list is endless!
And for the better part of the year, the world has pivoted, changed, and adjusted. We have learned to work from home, Zoom, cook, bake, and DIY. We have also learned that to survive a pandemic we need masks, disinfectant, hand sanitizer, TOILET PAPER and, for some, yeast and flour!
But I need to look at this epic year and challenge myself to find the positive, the “silver lining.” As only an HR person can do, I made a checklist:
- Remember that you are not alone. Everyone is going through the same challenges.
- Keep moving forward; never give up.
- Adjust your experiences and adapt on how to stay connected with others.
- Use this opportunity to be adventurous and creative.
- Be positive and keep encouraging others to stay positive.
- Never give up.
- “Try” to stress less and acknowledge what you can and cannot control.
- Know your value and do not be afraid to communicate your value.
We will ring in the New Year on Jan. 1, 2021, with the hope of letting go of the challenges and suffering that has occurred in 2020. Like many other organizations, Melink Corp has been planning for the new year and it’s coming along. A budget is in place, decisions have been made, pencils have been put down, and we are ready to present to our ESOP Board.
What is Melink's “silver lining”?
- We know our customers are suffering the same challenges. We are ready to provide support and give them the best of Melink through great products and services.
- Like many businesses, we lost good employees, but we push forward and never give up on providing for our customers and employees.
- We are using the tools and technology that keep us connected with our customers and employees. Keep communicating, keep connecting, and keep collaborating.
- We have to adapt to the “new normal” and understand that new approaches are necessary.
- As a company, it is important to stay positive and focused on how we can support our customers and employees.
- We know our value, so we need to keep our customer top of mind and continue to move forward.
Melink continues to be here for you, our customer. Here’s to a brighter 2021 for all!